Implementation, technical maintenance and payment processing:
LAOLA1 Multimedia GmbH
Tel: +43 1 2563141-0
Fax: +43 1 2563141-10
- The International Table Tennis Federation (hereinafter referred to as "ITTF"), with its registered address at Chemin de la Roche 11, 1020, Lausanne, Switzerland, operates, among other things, the ittf.com and tv.ittf.com (hereinafter referred to as “itTV” or “Service”) as ITTF’s official video and live streaming platform.
ITTF owns the intellectual property rights of all itTV content, and shall retain the sole discretion to manage or edit any of the itTV content therein.
Account, Password and Security
- A registered itTV User (hereinafter referred to as “itTV User”) will be assigned an account (hereinafter referred to as “Account”) and protected by a password chosen by the itTV User. itTV Users must keep his/her password confidential, protect his/her password from access by third parties, and inform ITTF without delay of any misuse of account details.
- itTV Users must use his/her own Account, and shall not share the Account or Account-related information with any third parties. itTV Users shall be solely liable for any damages arising from the Account or Account-related information..
- If an itTV User has forgotten his/her password or the Account is accessed by any third party without authorisation, the itTV User may request a new password. A new password will be assigned upon ITTF review of circumstances.
itTV Users‘ Obligations
- itTV Users shall be responsible for safeguarding his/her password. itTV Users undertake not to disclose the password to any third party.
- In particular, itTV Users shall at all times respect ITTF’s intellectual property rights, and shall refrain from acts such as (i) disseminating or using the itTV content without itTV authorization; (ii) disseminating any offensive, defamatory, insulting, threatening, discriminatory or other illegal or inappropriate content that infringes upon the rights of third parties; (iii) using itTV in a manner that may cause any change to underlying software and/or programme data; (iv) attempting to decompile the source codes of the platform.
- itTV Users shall use hardware and software compatible with the Service to ensure the best user experience. ITTF endeavors to provide the Service of the highest quality but assumes no responsibility for the correctness, completeness, punctuality or other claims in connection with the Service.
Modification of the Service
ITTF reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or suspend the Service, or to block access from certain itTV Users, at any time and without prior notice.
Termination of the Service
- itTV Users may terminate the Service by unsubscribing from the Service. Once an Account is unsubscribed, the Account will be deactivated. itTV Users may re-subscribe to the Service any time, subject to the applicable Term of Use. If an Account has been deactivated for more than one year, the re-subscription may not be able to restore the Account related information.
- ITTF may also terminate the Service by giving two weeks’ notice via email to the itTV User’s most up-to-date email address on Personal Information record for convenience or necessity.
- In the event that an Account has not been active for a period of more than 12 months, ITTF may terminate the Service and deactivate the respective Account.
- This clause, and Clauses 3, 7, 8, 10 and 11 shall survive termination of the Service.
- “Personal Information” means information (which may include sensitive information) relating to a living individual who is or can be identified either from that information or from that information in conjunction with other information that is in, or is likely to come into, the possession of ITTF.
- ITTF may store, process, transfer or disclose itTV Users’ Personal Information made available when registering for or using the Service for legitimate purposes such as optimizing User experience, maintaining a trusted Service environment (e.g. fraud detection, investigations or risk assessment etc.), sending news or marketing materials to itTV Users, and complying with legal obligations or enforcing agreements with third parties etc.
- ITTF continuously implements and updates administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect itTV Users’ Personal Information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, ITTF does not guarantee the security of itTV Users’ transmission to ITTF and itTV Users’ Personal Information in ITTF’s possession.
- ITTF may use “cookies” in conjunction with the Service to obtain information. Cookies are small data files transferred to itTV Users’ devices for record keeping. There are two types of cookies, namely the “persistent cookies” and the “session cookies”. Session cookies normally expire when the itTV User closes the browser, while persistent cookies remain on the itTV User’s device after the browser is closed, and can be used again the next time the itTV User accesses the Service.
- ITTF may also allow business partners to place cookies, web beacons or other files on itTV Users’ devices for legitimate purposes such as web analytics, marketing or risk assessment etc. ITTF neither controls nor assumes responsibility for third party websites.
- itTV Users may modify the browser setting to decline cookies. By declining the cookies, itTV Users may not be able to sign in, customize, or use the Service. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. Flash cookies can be managed by visiting the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
Intellectual Property Rights
- ITTF exclusively owns all intellectual property rights in connection with itTV or the Service, including but not limited to copyrights, database rights, invention, registered or unregistered trademarks, trade names, brand names, good will, design rights, commercial names and designations, or any rights resulting from intellectual activity and the right to apply for registration for such rights.
- Any use without ITTF authorisation, such as unauthorized reproduction, alteration, dissemination, passing on, publication, display or presentation of the itTV or the Service content constitutes violation of ITTF’s intellectual property rights. ITTF shall be entitled to terminate the Service and claim for damages or compensations thereof..
- Notices to itTV Users shall be communicated by posting on tv.ittf.com and/or by email to the itTV User’s most up-to-date email addresses on Personal Information record.
- For notices communicated by posting on tv.ittf.com, the date following the posting shall be deemed the date of notice. For notices communicated by email, the date of receipt shall be deemed the date of notice.
- ITTF is not responsible for and disclaims any and all liabilities related to the contents of third-party websites linked with itTV or the Service.
- If an itTV User produces content on itTV or using the Service, the itTV User shall be responsible for such content. ITTF neither endorses nor assumes responsibility for any content produced by any itTV User using the Service or on itTV.
- The Parties shall use their best efforts to resolve any dispute amicably. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Term of Use, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration in accordance with the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules for the time being in force, which rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference in this clause. The place of arbitration shall be Lausanne, Switzerland. The number of arbitrators shall be one. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English.
- The singular includes the plural and vice versa and any gender shall include any other gender.
- Any phrase introduced by the terms “including”, “include”, “in particular”, “for example”, “such as” or any similar expression shall not limit the sense of the words preceding or superseding those terms.